Common Questions about Vacation Rental Homes
- How do I book a home?
- You can either make a booking directly on this website by using the "check availability box" to the left. Or you can call our office at (828)414-9026 and a member of our vacation rental team will be glad to help you.
- Is booking online secure?
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway providers database. It will only be accessible by those authorized with special rights to such systems. They are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers.
- Can I bring my pet with me?
- We offer several homes, some of which allow pets and some do not. You can either look at our properties online by clicking on the "vacation rentals" tab above and see if the home you are looking at allows pets. Or you can call our office at (828) 414-9026 and a member of our vacation rental team would love to help find a home that is just right for you and your pet.
- What are the benefits of a vacation home rental?
- Our vacation homes are stocked in such a way that we hope you always feel like you are coming "home" to your "vacation home" rather than returning to a hotel room. Our homes have a variety of amenities, including full kitchens, game rooms, hot tubs, BBQ grills, outdoor dining, fireplaces and more. Just view the individual property on our website for a list of amenities and a detailed description fo the property. You will be able to enjoy a full service home while you are on vacation rather than a small, cramped hotel room.
Are Linens Provided?
Yes, linens, dishcloths, and towels, and in some cases hot tub towels, are provided for all of Blowing Rock Properties' vacation rentals.
Do you provide essentials?
Yes, for your convenience upon arrival each rental home, condo and apartment is stocked with at least a night or two of paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, laundry soap, dishwasher pods, makeup wipes, and trash bags, depending on your useage. We do not provide shampoo and conditioner.
How is my kitchen stocked?
All vacation homes, apartments and condos are stocked with the most common cookware, flatware, dishes, glassware and utensils. Some larger homes may have more in the way of bakeware, appliances, and untensils than smaller apartments, but all should enable you to make a basic meal and most homes have enough cookware to put together a full holiday meal for the number of guests the house sleeps. If you have questions about what is available in a specific home, please contact us and we will do our best to answer your questions. Although some owners provide coffee filters, oil, salt, pepper and sometimes garlic, it is best to bring what you need with you or be prepared to make a trip to the grocery.
What time is Check-in and Check-out?
Check-in is at 4:00 pm. Check-out is at 10:00 am. If you want an early check-in or a late check-out that can sometimes be provided if you notify us the day before your arrival or the day before your departure. We won't know until then, because we must first be sure that no one is checking in or out the same day as you are and that there is ample time for cleaning and maintenance.
Do I need to check in at the office during business hours?
No. You are always welcome to drop by our office for assistance, but we will send you check in instructions by email and by text message, usually 30 days, 10 days and again 3 days before your arrival. If you do not see your check-in instructions in your email, check your junk or spam mail. The check-in instructions will contain driving directions and a lock box or keypad combination for your property that will allow you access. The guidebook that we text you on the RueBaRue app will include all kinds of helpful instructions for enjoying your vacation home, from WiFi networks and passwords, for example to how to operate the TV or the gas log fireplace.
What if I need assistance after hours?
Blowing Rock Properties maintains an emergency phone for after-hours calls. We hope you never have to use it! But your check-in instructions will include the emergency phone number, just in case! You can call us for any matter that can't wait until the next business day immediately. For example, if your lock box won't open or your power goes out, just give us a call and we will help.
What is your cancellation policy?
To summarize, cancellation works as follows: You are charged a deposit at the time of booking. The remainder is due 30 days before your arrival. Until the 30 day mark, all you have at risk when booking directly with Blowing Rock Properties is your deposit amount. If you cancel before the 30 day deadline, we will place the property for re-rental and refund you any rent we are able to collect from another party for the nights you have rented. If you cancel after the 30 day deadline, the total amount of your rental is at risk, but we will still do our best to re-rent the property for you and will refund you any rent collected from re-rental for your dates. For the full details about cancellation and re-rental, including fees, please read your vacation rental contract.
Can I cancel within 24 hours and receive a full refund?
Yes. We wish you would not, but if you make a mistake and want to cancel within 24 hours of booking, we will issue you a full refund.
What is Accidental Damage Coverage? Is it Required?
We know you don't intend to damage anything. But have you ever dropped a nice vase, cracked a window pane, or tripped over the television in your own home? Accidental damage coverage is insurance that insures you against up to $3000 in accidental damage to your vacation property. You can buy accidental damage insurance as part of your reservation fora $49 non-refundable insurance premium, or you can choose a $1000 refundable security deposit that will be refunded to your card if there is no damage. One or the other is required. Accidental damage coverage does not cover intentional damage, some pet damage and a number of other types of damage that are not considered accidental. You are still responsible for damage not covered. We are not insurance agents, so we can't advise you as to coverage. For more infomration contact Global Generali for more information.
What is Travel Insurance (also called Trip Insurance or Travel Protection Insurance)? Is it Required?
Travel Insurance protects you against cancellation in covered instances. Blowing Rock Properties sells and recommends Global Generali Travel Protection Insurance, but does not require it. We are not insurance agents and so cannot tell you want is covered. Global generali can discuss coverage with you. Contact Global Generali for more information.